ROCKS AND MINERALS IN YOUR CLASSROOM
We partner with educators, event planners, librarians, PTA's and camp directors to offer hands-on, geology programs for children. Participants of all ages get to interact with a variety of rocks and minerals and dig into earth science concepts with activities that are fun and promote critical thinking. Encouraging play, discovery, and the process of science, we explore the awesome forces that shape our natural world.
Topics can be tailored to bridge concepts you may be learning in the classroom. Educational programs are available for pre-k and elementary students. Corporate events and specialty tween and family-friendly workshops are also available upon request.
- Rocks and Minerals
- Mobile Gemstone Mining Experience
- Fossils Rock
- Agate Art Projects
- Geoscience Summer Camps
- Afterschool Enrichment
- Scout Programs
WHAT TO EXPECT
Programs are generally 60 minutes depending on size of your group. We bring all the resources to your desired location. Touch tables, activity stations, tools, safety goggles, identification cards and rocks to take home are included. There are many possibilities and we are happy to discuss collaborations!
- We will customize the programming to fit your needs and audience.
- Multiple activities will be offered during an event, to keep things fresh and fun.
- We bring everything! You provide the space, we provide the rest.
- Some activities may require electricity, water, or outdoor access (i.e. cracking geodes, gem mining).