ROCKS AND MINERALS IN THE CLASSROOM - THE FIELD TRIP COMES TO YOU!
Rock Solid Science engages children through inquiry and exploration. Utilizing wonder, discovery, and the process of science, we encourage children to explore their natural world by getting hands-on with interesting rocks, and concepts that promote questioning, cooperation and critical thinking.
We partner with educators, librarians, PTA's and camp directors to offer fun, learning experiences for children, while providing insight into the breadth of Earth Science as a subject. There are many possibilities and we are happy to discuss collaborations! Geoscience career prospects are really good at the moment, and we discuss science careers in all our workshops.
- Rocks and Minerals Exploration
- Fossils and Earth History
- Magnetic Forces in Nature
- Agate Art Projects
- Mobile Gem Mining Experience - coming soon!
WHAT TO EXPECT
Programs are generally 60 minutes depending on size of your group. We bring all the resources to your desired location. Touch tables, activity stations, tools, safety goggles, identification cards and rocks to take home are included. There are many possibilities and we are happy to discuss collaborations!
- We will customize the programming to fit your needs and audience.
- Multiple activities will be offered during an event, to keep things fresh and fun.
- We bring everything! You provide the space, we provide the rest.
- Some activities may require electricity, water, or outdoor access (i.e. cracking geodes, gem mining).