ROCKS AND MINERALS IN THE CLASSROOM - THE FIELD TRIP COMES TO YOU!
We partner with educators, librarians, PTA's and camp directors to offer fun, hands-on learning experiences for children, while providing insight into the breadth of Earth Science as a subject. Encouraging play, discovery, and the process of science, we explore the awesome forces that shape our natural world. Kids get to interact with a variety of interesting rocks and minerals and explore concepts that promote cooperation and critical thinking.
Programs are geared for K-5th graders, but pre-k junior geology and sensory workshops are also available. Topics can be tailored to bridge concepts you may be learning in the classroom.
- Rocks and Minerals Exploration
- Fossils and Earth History
- Agate Art Projects
- Geoscience Summer Camps
- Afterschool Programs
- Mobile Gem Mining Experience - coming soon!
WHAT TO EXPECT
Programs are generally 60 minutes depending on size of your group. We bring all the resources to your desired location. Touch tables, activity stations, tools, safety goggles, identification cards and rocks to take home are included. There are many possibilities and we are happy to discuss collaborations!
- We will customize the programming to fit your needs and audience.
- Multiple activities will be offered during an event, to keep things fresh and fun.
- We bring everything! You provide the space, we provide the rest.
- Some activities may require electricity, water, or outdoor access (i.e. cracking geodes, gem mining).